A bespoke suit can tell a lot about a man. It gives you a sense of confidence, style, and class – something that is not always present with off-the-rack suits.
If you’re a suit enthusiast or know someone who is one, the word “bespoke” will perk your ears up. With over a century of history, a bespoke suit has been synonymous with the best possible fit and style that money can buy.
A bespoke suit is a fully custom-made suit tailored to fit an individual’s unique shape and personality. It is a suit that is done almost entirely by hand and will require multiple fittings before it is ready to be worn.
To “bespeak” is to give an order. In terms of tailoring, this means that the suit needs to be created according to the vision of the customer. It is a one-of-a-kind suit that will never be worn by anyone else but you.
A lot of hard work goes into tailoring a bespoke suit. Because every stitch will need to be carefully planned beforehand, the process can even take up to three months depending on the amount of work needed to be done. This will be especially true if it’s your first bespoke suit.
Why Is Bespoke Better Than Off The Rack?
An off-the-rack suit is a good option when you’re in a hurry for a big event or you’re just looking to add a little variety to your suit collection. However, they do come with a few issues:
- Can be expensive for no other reason than the brand name
- Made using machines and automation
- They are fused and not canvassed
- They will almost always require alteration as they are not made exactly for you
A bespoke suit is usually tailored for something special and to give you that one suit made truly for you. Due to this, the cost and time taken to stitch the suit are much higher than off-the-rack suits, but if it is tailored with the right materials, it can last a lifetime.
When you choose a bespoke suit, you will have the following benefits as compared to off-the-rack suits:
- A personal tailor – Your tailor will be crucial in helping you determine how you want your suit stitched. They will walk you through the entire process, asking for your requirements and giving their recommendations. Every suit will be unique to each client and only a personal tailor can create a bespoke suit for you.
- Unlimited customization – No matter how difficult the request, your list of options is almost infinite. Any pattern, fabric, or stitching can be requested before and during the process.
- Selection of fabric – A once-in-a-lifetime bespoke suit deserves the best fabric and you will have an unlimited selection to choose from.
- Unique measurements – When altering or tailoring a normal suit, measurements are usually only taken once or twice. However, a bespoke suit that needs to fit perfectly will need to be measured throughout the stitching process. Over 40 body measurements will be taken to account for every aspect of your body.
There’s really only one answer to this question… To get the best suit stitched, you will need experienced and personalized tailors who really understand bespoke suits and know how to make them look unique to each person. BBespoke is a custom tailoring service NYC that is an expert at bespoke clothing. Since its founding in 2010, it has offered high-quality and bespoke suits to men in and around New York City.
When you decide to go for a bespoke suit, you will find that the process with us is truly special. From the amount of care going into measuring the fit to choosing the color and material to best suit your looks, it is a new experience that all men should experience at some point in their lives.
With all its history, you will be joining a centuries-old tradition that will definitely help your memorable events be even more exceptional. And if your body type is usually difficult to find a fit for, then a bespoke suit from our store is your best chance at finding a suit that fits properly.
If you’re ready to get a truly custom-made suit, then contact BBespoke to learn more about how we can help you. Get in touch with our New York team today and let’s get started on making a suit that stands out in your wardrobe for years to come.